Phantom window

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

Phantom window

Postby labdoc » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:20 am

I get a phantom window in the centre of the screen when I start X1 Search in Win 10x64. The window is about 1" square and cannot be closed. I reported this as an issue a few weeks ago (Case #00104610). An update today: Task Manager shows 4 processes, X1.exe, X1ContentExtraction.exe, X1ServiceHost.exe and X1Viewer.exe. The window is caused by X1.exe, as killing this task removes the window.

I cannot find another post of a similar problem. Anyone else found a fix for this? My work around is to start windows with the X1indexer running, but not the main interface.

Murray
X1 8.5 6005qm (x64)
labdoc

Re: Phantom window

Postby cscott » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:30 am

labdoc wrote:I get a phantom window in the centre of the screen when I start X1 Search in Win 10x64. The window is about 1" square and cannot be closed. I reported this as an issue a few weeks ago (Case #00104610). An update today: Task Manager shows 4 processes, X1.exe, X1ContentExtraction.exe, X1ServiceHost.exe and X1Viewer.exe. The window is caused by X1.exe, as killing this task removes the window.

I cannot find another post of a similar problem. Anyone else found a fix for this? My work around is to start windows with the X1indexer running, but not the main interface.

Murray
X1 8.5 6005qm (x64)

Hello Murray,

Customer care contacted you on the 25th, and we'll likely need more information to reproduce this issue in-house in order to fix it.

If possible, please provide your logs and a couple of screenshots displaying the issue as this will be extremely helpful to our developers.
Chris Scott
Product Manager
X1
cscott
X1 Power User
X1 Power User

Re: Phantom window

Postby Humptydumpty » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:51 am

Hi,
same issue here. Samll window, no content, cant close or move, not able to get focus on this.
Seems to have appeared after the last update. Does not show up when the service is started, but when I open the X1 Interface from the taskbar.
After closing the window stays there, need to shut down X1 completely to remove.

Funny thing, I had deinstalled X1 keeping settings and license info and when starting the installer it is there again immediately before the installation starts.
Attached a screenshot, what logs would you need to get some insight?

Humptydumpty

Return to Bugs V8