Giving up on X1

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

Giving up on X1

Postby Abdul69 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:28 am

I have been a long time X1 user, but I am giving up.

The latest version (8.6) of X1 is a huge disappointment.

For starters, if I maximize the X1 window, it doesn't fill the whole screen. It has a black bar along the bottom and to the right hand side. Real estate is tight enough without an application not correctly using all available space.

Next, message preview is a crap shoot. Sometimes it works and other times, like right now, it doesn't. The loading icon just wears a groove into the screen.

Furthermore, the primary reason for being a long term X1 user and staunch advocate is that the search results were very reliable and that is extremely important. I can no longer make that claim. Right now I am searching for e-mails that I know exist, yet X1 doesn't return any hits at all. Once you lose confidence in the results of a search, it severely degrades the utility of the search.

X1 is also terribly slow. Much slower than it used to be. Indexing seems to take forever, and as I type this, it somehow has managed to freeze totally. End task. Again.

The latest straw that broke the camel's back is this message that I keep getting, even though I have followed the recommendations multiple times.

---------------------------
Microsoft Office Outlook
Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.
OK

Despite the message title, this is an X1 dialog.

Outlook has been set as the default client many times. It is the only client on my machine.

I'm not sure I want to keep trying to fix this just to get back to searches and previews that don't work.

In short, I give up.

Thanks for the decade plus X1, but it's time for us to part ways.
"Don't believe everthing you think."
Abdul69

Return to Bugs V8