No Workie... at all... like broken...

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

No Workie... at all... like broken...

Postby Smoker65 » Wed May 08, 2013 3:36 am

All,

I was so excited about this release I actually had it on my calendar!

When I got the pop-up on my calendar reminding me about the release, I jumped into my Facebook Mustang (with a v16 no less) and drove right over!

I downloaded the client with the greatest of care not wanting to damage the bits one little bit... took a deep breath... and installed it. I was on cloud 200! An X1 client that worked with Outlook x64 and x86! My day could get no better!

I rebooted my Windows 7 machine and immediately opened up X1 so I could absorb the goodness and robust knowledge of the Search Gods!

Alas, I was heartbroken...crushed even, as when my beloved X1 starts-up with this beautiful icon it says it's trying to connect to it's indexing service it then... dies....DIES the DEATH of a thousand COD newbies!!!

Now... I site here... in the dark... alone... trying to get my beloved X1 to start yet... I cannot. I am sole crushed as not even the v20000 coupon I just received for my Facebook Mustang upgrade cannot get me out of the pit of my X1 sadness.

But...as I sat, alone, crushed in the darkness of night, a light in the distance of my mind came on. The X1 gods? Could it really be? YES! Even though X1 has failed to start, the X1 icon gods must have somehow spoken to me telepathically, telling me through some sort of mind meld that their was hope. Hope? I had none now... but I listened as the X1 gods explained to me about... THE X1 FORUM OF KNOWLEDGE!

I GASPED ALOUD and immediately jumped into my Facebook v400000 Mustang (got an upgrade code from the Bejeweled gods... level 18 I think...) and zoomed over to this... this the forum of goodness and X1 knowledge to hopefully get some answers. I need my X1. I need it like Kirk needs Spock or Laurel needs Hardy, or the greatest paring of all Bugs and Elmer.

Please fellow soul mates... from one X1 soul to another, can any of you kind, caring, knowledgeable souls of help and goodness assist me in my quest... my only quest at this time... in alleviating this horrid error from my X1?

Thank you kind people... thank you.

Bravely waiting for an answer....

//Derek Jeter
Smoker65

Re: No Workie... at all... like broken...

Postby Rhonda » Mon May 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi Derek,

I am really sorry you experienced this situation which is obviously both painful and emotional on both personal and professional level. While I really want to respect your privacy at this difficult time, I would really like more details on the horror you are experiencing.

Can you please let me know your OS, bit, also what version of outlook you are running? We have noticed some issues with 2013 and 365. We're also trying to nail down a few other issues.

Were you ever able to get x1 to start?

(P.s. I am really sorry for the inconvenience but this has to be the best written crash report I've ever read.) :)

Regards,
Rhonda

Smoker65 wrote:All,

I was so excited about this release I actually had it on my calendar!

When I got the pop-up on my calendar reminding me about the release, I jumped into my Facebook Mustang (with a v16 no less) and drove right over!

I downloaded the client with the greatest of care not wanting to damage the bits one little bit... took a deep breath... and installed it. I was on cloud 200! An X1 client that worked with Outlook x64 and x86! My day could get no better!

I rebooted my Windows 7 machine and immediately opened up X1 so I could absorb the goodness and robust knowledge of the Search Gods!

Alas, I was heartbroken...crushed even, as when my beloved X1 starts-up with this beautiful icon it says it's trying to connect to it's indexing service it then... dies....DIES the DEATH of a thousand COD newbies!!!

Now... I site here... in the dark... alone... trying to get my beloved X1 to start yet... I cannot. I am sole crushed as not even the v20000 coupon I just received for my Facebook Mustang upgrade cannot get me out of the pit of my X1 sadness.

But...as I sat, alone, crushed in the darkness of night, a light in the distance of my mind came on. The X1 gods? Could it really be? YES! Even though X1 has failed to start, the X1 icon gods must have somehow spoken to me telepathically, telling me through some sort of mind meld that their was hope. Hope? I had none now... but I listened as the X1 gods explained to me about... THE X1 FORUM OF KNOWLEDGE!

I GASPED ALOUD and immediately jumped into my Facebook v400000 Mustang (got an upgrade code from the Bejeweled gods... level 18 I think...) and zoomed over to this... this the forum of goodness and X1 knowledge to hopefully get some answers. I need my X1. I need it like Kirk needs Spock or Laurel needs Hardy, or the greatest paring of all Bugs and Elmer.

Please fellow soul mates... from one X1 soul to another, can any of you kind, caring, knowledgeable souls of help and goodness assist me in my quest... my only quest at this time... in alleviating this horrid error from my X1?

Thank you kind people... thank you.

Bravely waiting for an answer....

//Derek Jeter
Rhonda Rondeau
Product Manager
X1 Social Discovery
Rhonda
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Return to Bugs V8