No File Icons Displayed

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

No File Icons Displayed

Postby snickerbarz » Wed May 15, 2013 4:50 pm

In Table View, when I click on All Files, Documents, Pictures or Music under Files in the Search List, file type icons are displayed next to the file names in the Results window. When I click on Files under Everything or click on Files in the Favorites bar, no file icons are displayed. Switching the Views back and forth doesn't make icons show up in Table View.
snickerbarz

Re: No File Icons Displayed

Postby mrwul » Wed May 15, 2013 11:56 pm

snickerbarz wrote:In Table View, when I click on All Files, Documents, Pictures or Music under Files in the Search List, file type icons are displayed next to the file names in the Results window. When I click on Files under Everything or click on Files in the Favorites bar, no file icons are displayed. Switching the Views back and forth doesn't make icons show up in Table View.

You mean like this...?

E.g. Word Icon incorrectly displayed yesterday, but today, after launching, it was correctly displayed again.
Maybe a reboot of your pc helps? I don't know, it is just a wild guess only...

=
mrwul
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby snickerbarz » Thu May 16, 2013 8:48 pm

Thanks, but that's not the problem I'm having. In your screen cap the icons are visible. Absolutely no icons whatsoever are displayed under the circumstances I noted. Only the textual information (filename, type, date, etc.) is displayed. I'll try to post an image later. Even if rebooting caused the problem to go away (which it didn't), this would still be an issue with X1, but thanks for the suggestion.

As I wrote previously: When I click on Files under Everything or click on Files in the Favorites bar, no file icons are displayed.
snickerbarz

Postby mrwul » Fri May 17, 2013 1:49 am

Take it Under Column Chooser (Icon) has been selected?
mrwul
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby pdfct » Tue May 21, 2013 2:34 pm

snickerbarz wrote:In Table View, when I click on All Files, Documents, Pictures or Music under Files in the Search List, file type icons are displayed next to the file names in the Results window. When I click on Files under Everything or click on Files in the Favorites bar, no file icons are displayed. Switching the Views back and forth doesn't make icons show up in Table View.

Hi snickerbarz,

From your description, it sounds like the Icon column has been removed from you Everything > Files search view. Column headers may be added, removed and re-ordered to customize the search view desired. If the Icon column is absent, position you cursor over the gray portion of one of the column headers and click your right mouse button. This will open a context menu. Select Choose Columns to open the Column Chooser panel. Locate the (Icon) column header in the left hand (Available Columns) menu, and either click the right-pointing arrow control (>) or drag the column name to the right hand (Visible Columns) menu. Click OK to close the Column Chooser, and to update the visible columns on your search.

You should now see the file type icons listed in the results pane.

If you are observing a different issue, please attach a screenshot for review.

Best Regards,

Alan
pdfct
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Postby snickerbarz » Wed May 22, 2013 8:51 am

Thank you. You are right that the (Icon) column was not selected for display in Everything > Files search view. Your recommendation worked.

However, I'm surprised that Everything > Files displays a different set of columns than Files in the Favorites Bar. Both say "Files." It seems to me that Files should display the same columns whether you select it from the Favorites Bar or the Search List. Thank you for your help.
snickerbarz

Return to Bugs V8