Chinese characters instead of normal in body

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

Chinese characters instead of normal in body

Postby slselwyn » Thu May 30, 2013 8:25 am

In all e-mails from 1 user sent from Outlook Web Access the characters in the body are Chinese - they are OK in the subject. These have been indexed from a non-cached Exchange with 'Store Outlook body in the index' selected. In Outlook and Copernic, which I am hoping to replace, it looks normal.

Very strange - any ideas.
slselwyn

Re: Chinese characters instead of normal in body

Postby Rhonda » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:24 am

I don't have any ideas, but I admit I don't fully understand the problem.

Are you saying that this only happens with a single person you are sending messages to? Let me know.
Rhonda Rondeau
Product Manager
X1 Social Discovery
Rhonda
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby mdlynam » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:38 am

I've experienced this as well. The text appeared normal in Outlook 2010's reading panel, but the preview in X1 Search 8 showed the Chinese characters.

It appears to be an issue shared with X1's previewer and the sender's settings as all email from this particular sender are rendered in Chinese characters under X1. The emails render with no problem in Outlook 2010, though.
mdlynam

Postby Rhonda » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:54 pm

It might be a good idea to create some diag files for us and open a support ticket.

The instructions to do that are here: http://www.x1.com/support/x1_search_submit_case.html

The instructions for the diagnostics tool, the download etc are in the above link. This way our tech support reps can take a closer look. (They know way more than I do) :)
Rhonda Rondeau
Product Manager
X1 Social Discovery
Rhonda
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Return to Bugs V8