Not indexing correctly.

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

Not indexing correctly.

Postby twee » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:43 am

I have installed X1 8.0.1 and let it run for few days.
I have added few files types , .Java and .Pas to the indexing of files data.
I can see the number of Indexed items at the bottom which is quite constant and looks like indexing is finished.
If I type in the search box a substring that appears inside one of my source files for example file named: Unit1.pas , X1 finds NO results !
If I manually go to the location of the file and modify it or issuing a "touch" command to update the file date/time, the file content is indexed and the substring
I have searched appears in the search results after few seconds.
Why is that ?
It appears to be that X1 does not index many files contents even though they appear in the list of files if I type the file name in the filtering box without specifying a certain search string.

twee.
twee

Re: Not indexing correctly.

Postby twee » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:41 am

Ok, after doing some more tests:

Trying to go to "Data Sources", "Files" , 'Delete Index" , this did not work ! The index of files was not deleted.
I did the following steps and it started to index my Delphi source files correctly:

I had completely killed all X1 processes, went to the index folder, deleted it completely.
Run X1, went to the Files data source and in "Specify File Types" I have added the following line (in Addtionally index all files with these extensions:) : .PAS,.JAVA,PAS,JAVA

This caused X1 to finally start and index my source files.
Hope that helps anyone, X1 team, please notice.

-twee

twee wrote:I have installed X1 8.0.1 and let it run for few days.
I have added few files types , .Java and .Pas to the indexing of files data.
I can see the number of Indexed items at the bottom which is quite constant and looks like indexing is finished.
If I type in the search box a substring that appears inside one of my source files for example file named: Unit1.pas , X1 finds NO results !
If I manually go to the location of the file and modify it or issuing a "touch" command to update the file date/time, the file content is indexed and the substring
I have searched appears in the search results after few seconds.
Why is that ?
It appears to be that X1 does not index many files contents even though they appear in the list of files if I type the file name in the filtering box without specifying a certain search string.

twee.
twee

Return to Bugs V8