Mouse Right Click Issues

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

Mouse Right Click Issues

Postby scottsibuns » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:36 am

Mouse right click is not working correctly. While attempting to configure the columns in the search results plane by right clicking in the column headings the column select menu does not appear. What comes is the application maximise, minimise, close etc menu. This also happens when right clicking in the top search box when a Copy, paste etc menu should appear. The PC is a new Lenovo X1 carbon running 64 bit Win 7. Also when normal left click on the minimise search folder list plane button on the left hand side of the screen nothing happens. This is happening when using both the internal touch pad mouse, or an external usb mouse. I have been using X1 for years but have just installed version 8 as I migrated to a new PC.

I saw a slightly similar problem on the forums that was resolved by updating graphics drivers. My intel drivers are completely to date. I am not experiencing any mouse issues anywhere else in Win 7 or on other applications
scottsibuns

Re: Mouse Right Click Issues

Postby Jogy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:45 am

Hello,

When you restart X1 UI, does it help with the right-click menu?

Also, have you tried to switch between Aero and non-Aero theme in Win 7?

Jogy
Jogy
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby scottsibuns » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:06 am

OK - Thanks. It's the Aero Theme. Non-Aero Themes in Win 7 work fine. I've always used the Aero themes before with X1 prior to Version 8 without any issue. But at least it is working now. Thanks again
scottsibuns

Postby kmak » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:36 am

Is there anyway to fix this for good (without switching aero/non-areo themes)? That setting is admin lvl controlled so not a viable workaround for average users.
kmak

Postby gwnorowski » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:54 am

This is really an annoying problem. I have to switch between Aero and non Aero every time the computer reboots to fix this. Does someone from X-1 monitor this forum? Can you please update us on your plan to fix this bug?
gwnorowski

Postby Jerald Metz » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:04 pm

Hey all,

We've only received a handful of sporadic reports of this issue, and we're working to get this reliably reproduced in-house so we can solve it.

Thanks!
Jerald Metz
Product Manager, X1 Search 8

Please feel free to reach me directly at jmetz (at) x1 (dot) com
Jerald Metz
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby gfaglia » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:54 am

I do have the same problem. I am on windows 8.1 and Aero shouldnt be the cause, I was not able to get rid of it.
If I uninstall and reinstall the program right button works until first time I close it. I have been through a windows refresh and still get the problem which is really annoying, every time I select a file right click is not working (actually the right menu appears for a very short time)
Thanks
gfaglia

Postby scottsibuns » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:55 am

I've just updated to version 8.2.4 and this problem now seem cleared for me, even using Aero Themes
scottsibuns

Postby Kenward » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:56 am

So is drag and drop of PDF files into Outlook 2010 and on the desktop!

Whoopee. Back in business.

Strangely, the desktop crash didn't happen in Windows 8.1. I wonder if it had something to do with the existence of an Outlook window. No matter, it is now fixed.
MK
X1 Search 8.6.1 - Build 6003fa (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to Bugs V8