Outlook search results are not clickable

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

Outlook search results are not clickable

Postby dskeeles » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:00 am

Hi.

I'm having problems with v8 search (plugin versions are all 8.2.1.5184).

I installed X1 around a week ago (I rebuilt my machine), and it seemed to be working OK. Then, around 3 days ago, it suddenly popped up a warning in the preview pane for most emails, along the lines of that the email had been moved. I checked, but they were still there, so no idea while the warning was there; probably a symptom of what happened next.

Now, although the previews have become available again, I'm unable to open any of them from double-clicking. I can preview them, but I can't open them, and the right-click context menu on any email is very wrong; it only contains:

Restore
    Move
    Size
    Minimise
    Maximise
    Close

ie. It seems to be showing me the Window manager context menu (ie. I get the same if I right-click on the window title bar), implying the UI context of the search results seems to be confused with the window itself.

If I highlight a search result, it does show me the preview window, and I can view / select&copy text from the preview window. But because the context menu is completely useless, I can't open, reply, jump to folder, or anything else, for a search result.

Note: this problem does not occur for the Documents or Files contexts - I get full right-click menu, double-click to open, etc.

I'm on current Win7 Pro SP1. Can anyone advise if this is a known bug, or how to fix?

Thanks,

Damian
dskeeles

Re: Outlook search results are not clickable

Postby gwnorowski » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:10 am

regarding this "right click" problem, I was also seeing this since the last software update. I read something in another post about switching from "aero theme" to "standard theme" in Windows 7. I did this but it didn't seem to work. When I switched back to Aero, it started working. I don't know if it will persist but the correct right click menu is back.
gwnorowski

Postby Jerald Metz » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. We are aware of the right-click context menu occurring for a handful of users, but we haven't yet tracked down exactly what is causing this.

As soon as we can track down the cause we'll get it fixed.

Thanks much!
Jerald Metz
Product Manager, X1 Search 8

Please feel free to reach me directly at jmetz (at) x1 (dot) com
Jerald Metz
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby boblinthewild » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:14 am

I've had the right-click problem for a while. I just tried the trick mentioned earlier (change from Aero to standard theme, and then back). After doing this and restarting X1, the right-click function is back.
boblinthewild

Postby gwnorowski » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:20 am

For me this solution works as well but the problem returns when I restart my computer. A permanent solution would be great.
gwnorowski

Return to Bugs V8