Lost index

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

Lost index

Postby jbdexter » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:32 pm

I just updated to Version 8.3.1.1. After the update, it says "Index is up-to-date" but I've lost many files. It look likes the problem relates to Dropbox files. It is properly indexing any new files saved to the Dropbox folder but has lost the 100,000 files that were already in there. Is there any way to force it to reindex to get them back?
jbdexter
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:10 am

Re: Lost index

Postby jbdexter » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:55 pm

As an addendum to my previous message, it looks like what is happening is that when I close X1 it loses all of the previously indexed files - it doesn't look like it's just a Dropbox issue. It then adds new files as they are stored but, the next time I close X1 they are lost as well. It still appears to be indexing Outlook properly.
jbdexter
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:10 am

Re: Lost index

Postby Kenward » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:02 am

How are you telling X1 to index Dropbox data?
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru
 
Posts: 4109
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:35 am
Location: UK

Re: Lost index

Postby jbdexter » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:09 pm

Yes. I was finally able to solve the problem. I went into "Data Sources" and clicked the button to pause indexing (although it wasn't indexing at the time anyway). Then I clicked it again to start indexing. At that point X1 started reindexing all of my files. At this point I'm back to 182,000 items indexed.

I'm not sure what caused the index to empty. The fact that it happened when I updated X1 makes me think the update was the culprit. But it seems like it's working again now.
jbdexter
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:10 am


Return to Bugs V8

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

cron