txt data not indexed

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

txt data not indexed

Postby Stuart73 » Sun May 31, 2015 7:37 pm

Under specify file types to be content indexed - Text (.asc .text .txt) is selected to be content indexed.
Both GEB.pdf and GEB.txt appear in a selected "ArtsLiterature" Microsoft subdirectory, yet when I search for "canon" or "fugue" or whatever, the search only works with the .pdf file.
I have listed parts of GEB.txt and both "canon" and "fugue" appear many times, but GEB.txt and its contents are not found in the search.
Both GEB.pdf and GEB.txt are complete versions of the 777 pages of Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid.
Copies of subject files and jpgs of settings are available if you need them for debugging.
Stuart73

Re: txt data not indexed

Postby x1-la_write » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:32 am

2015 0611 0828 55 Thu
I concur, Wha's going on'? this is a mature product!
:roll:
x1-la_write

Re: txt data not indexed

Postby x1-la_write » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:45 am

2015 0611 1028 39 Thu
update to the possible source of problem: win7 ?
Just installed a fresh ver of the SAME win7 OS: (multi-boot) same exact machine, drives, connections to LAN, etc (not all applications installed yet) & the problem no longer exists!
The only conclusion I draw is to a particular build & the assortment of applications, registry entries & high probability of variety of infections (this particular win7 OS system is several years old).

:oops:

LA
x1-la_write

Return to Bugs V8