x1 stability

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

x1 stability

Postby wingfield » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:38 am

hello folks,

just a general comment. I use x1 at work, presumably professional addition because the interface looks slightly different. it works flawlessly. it has never crashed, and I leave it open 24/7. it's been a fantastic improvement to my work processes. i was so impressed that I purchased x1 for my home, presumably a lesser version. my experience at home has been dismal. the program crashes daily. it gives a message about disconnecting and asking to restart. it appears to index 24/7 even though I've had it installed for weeks now. in short, it's been a terrible experience; and I'm incredibly disappointed in the purchase compared to the version I use at work. I've been surprised to see such differing qualities in software code between the two versions. hopefully, this will improve in the future.

best regards,

david
wingfield

Re: x1 stability

Postby something » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:10 pm

I get the same problem with 8.3.3.

I don't know which version is which, but I paid mine $49. It's now can't work at all (due to these service connection problems). May be cause by one of numerous Windows OS updates recently, I don't know.

The stability has been an issue and I'm not too happy not about the bugs, but how slowly they've been handled.
I just uninstalled the version I had (probably the most recent one) and installed a freshly downloaded 8.3.3.0 - still can't start.
something

Postby hydrokiwi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:29 am

I have the same problem.

X1 loads. When I try to search for any files documents, email etc.

X1 Dialog box says Connection lost - Please restart. Same thing happens after a close/restart.

I have reinstalled X1.

I have reinstalled Office 2013.

I have paid support.

I have tried twice to file a support case - My computer uploads a 53 MB admin support file and then gets a screen which says the upload did not succeed.

I have phoned X1 Search in Pasadena and cant get a live support person - I get directed back to the website to file a case - which does not work.

So this product does not work for me right now and paid support does not help.

I would like an email from an X1 support person regarding how to resolve this as I rely on this software many time per day.

Cheers
John
hydrokiwi

Postby something » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:30 am

hydrokiwi wrote:I have the same problem.

X1 loads. When I try to search for any files documents, email etc.

X1 Dialog box says Connection lost - Please restart. Same thing happens after a close/restart.

I have reinstalled X1.

I have reinstalled Office 2013.

I have paid support.

I have tried twice to file a support case - My computer uploads a 53 MB admin support file and then gets a screen which says the upload did not succeed.

I have phoned X1 Search in Pasadena and cant get a live support person - I get directed back to the website to file a case - which does not work.

So this product does not work for me right now and paid support does not help.

I would like an email from an X1 support person regarding how to resolve this as I rely on this software many time per day.

Cheers
John

Let's see how many weeks before someone reacts!

I'm thinking I'll probably delete my indexes and start again...
something

Postby something » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:15 am

Uninstalled X1 Search
Deleted X1 Index
Rebooted
Installed X1 Search
Let it reindex
Wait....

It's working now. Index is obviously prone to corruption and may require regular backups (with X1 Search service stopped).
something

Return to Bugs V8