Index filling disc !

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

Index filling disc !

Postby Vistaro » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:05 am

Hello All

Hoping someone can help

Typically my X1 index has been about 10gb (130,000 entries) all of a sudden it's become 63gb and I'm out of disk space, I deleted all the .dat files and X1 then started a rebuild and now I'm back at 63gb and no disc space, I've now deleted again and turned X1 off.

Have used the product for years and love it but need some help please

Thanks
Ross
Vistaro

Re: Index filling disc !

Postby Jerald Metz » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi there!

Can you think of what might have changed recently regarding your index scope? For example, did you add a new shared drive, new PST files, or make changes to your index settings (storing message bodies, or increasing maximum file size for indexing)?

Please run the diagnostic tool described below and send me the results directly through email. My email address is in my signature.

1. Download: http://support.x1.com/cs/x1s_diagnostic_tool.exe
2. Double-click the downloaded "x1s_diagnostic_tool.exe" file to run (Win7/Win8 users with UAC turned on should right-click the file and select Run as administrator)
3. A Windows Explorer window will open when the tool has finished (this may take a minute).
4. Inside the x1supportfiles directory, send the ZIP file

If the resulting zip file is 8 megs or smaller you can email it directly. If it's larger, let me know and I will provide you an alternative bath to share.

NOTE: Given your disk-space issues, I would let the index grow to about 30gb and then stop indexing and run the tool. This should be enough to tell us what is happening.

Thanks!
Jerald Metz
Product Manager, X1 Search 8

Please feel free to reach me directly at jmetz (at) x1 (dot) com
Jerald Metz
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Return to Bugs V8