Index problems with Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2003

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

Index problems with Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2003

Postby Milei » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:26 am

Hi,

until 2 weeks ago i used X1 (Ver 8.3.3) with 1 SBS 2003 and 5 Win 7 Clients with Outlook 2003 and 2 shared Mailboxes and everything worked fine. Then we had to change the SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 (with Exchange 2010). First we had problems in the communication between Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2003, but now it works.

But indexing from X1 especially in the shared mailboxes doesn't work without problems. The main problem ist that X1 doesn't save data source options. It only saves which Mailbox should be indexed but it marks all folders (or no folder) as to be indexed. It seems that on each start X1 at first can't connect with the outlook profile or it takes too long to connect with. And when X1 connects with the profile it has lost its saved data source options and marks all or nothing as to be indexed.

This problem only exists with outlook. File indexing is no problem.

Normally this wouldn't be such a problem, but because of this behavior some folders (not all!) of the shared mailboxes, which should be indexed and which are marked, won't be indexed. This is especially one subfolder which exists in two shared mailboxes. This subfolder is called "sent office" and it is a subfolder from the "sent objects" Mailfolder. When i only mark this subfolder to be indexed, it works, but after indexing, when i go again to the data sources, nothing is marked! So X1 loses its settings during indexing?

The next thing is, that in one shared mailbox, outlook preview doesn' work.

I tested another search software (Lookeen) to compare this behavior but the other software doesn't have these problems. But i don't want to change because in general X1 is better than the other software :D

So maybe the combination Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2003 is not perfect but on the other hand it seems that the connection between X1 and the Outlook Profile isn't very stable.

Has anyone experiences with such a combination or any idea what to do?

Thanks
Michael
Milei
X1 Power User
X1 Power User
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:11 pm

Re: Index problems with Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2003

Postby Milei » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:44 am

After different tests, i installed the 8.4 beta and now it works :D :D The only thing is, that i had to restart the (initial) Mailscan 2 times to have all mails indexed, but now it seems to be stable. Also Outlook preview is working again.

Sometimes mails are displayed 2 or 3 times. I'm not sure if this is a multiple indexing or only a multiple display, because on one computer after a restart the effect is gone.

Greetings
Michael
Milei
X1 Power User
X1 Power User
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:11 pm

Re: Index problems with Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2003

Postby Milei » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:38 am

In the meantime i found the problem: Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2010 is no good combination because of changes in the MAPI-Protocol. In this combination X1 loses now and then the connection with the exchange server and can't make a complete index. So you have to use at least Outlook 2007 with exchange 2010.

Greetings
Mike
Milei
X1 Power User
X1 Power User
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:11 pm


Return to Bugs V8

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests

cron