X1 v8 on Win10 service crashes after first few files

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

X1 v8 on Win10 service crashes after first few files

Postby dskeeles » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:59 pm

Hi,

I've been an X1 user since v6, but ever since upgrading to Win10, the service appears to crash soon after turning the service starts indexing. I've tried:
- Restarting the service
- Restarting the machine
- Wiping the indexes
- Uninstalling/reinstalling with config retained
- Uninstalling/Reinstalling with config removed
- Rebuilding the machine (Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade)

This is frustrating, since this invalidates my re-investment in X1. I'm reluctant to buying premium support given that the product should at least be expected to work in this configuration.

I wonder if anyone else has seen this issue with X1, either personally or in the forums? I've not found any errors in the X1ServiceHost.txt log; but have found one in the X1.log:

Code: Select all
24 Jan 2016 09:35:02,928 [1] ERROR ServiceManager - HandleServiceError: The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.
Server stack trace:
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.ThrowIfDisposedOrNotOpen()
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EnsureOpened(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at X1.UI.X1ServiceMain.IX1Service.UpdateCacheValues(String[] keys, String[] values)
   at X1.UI.WCF.ServiceManager.SetValueByName(String name, String val)

Many thanks,

Damian
dskeeles

Return to Bugs V8