Index not working correctly

Bugs - Put em' here! We'll Squash them.

Moderator: Mods

Index not working correctly

Postby IanMcKay » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:24 am

I recently purchased X1 Search 8.4.1 (5003pj).
I'm running on Windows 7.
I have indexed over 200,00 emails, and several hundred documents. Most of the documents are PDF files. The PDF files were not scan's they were supplied as PDF's from the software vendor (IBM).
I have noticed that the index seems incomplete.
For example one of the PDF's is 3.55MB large. In it is a list of Messages and their descriptions in alphabetic/numeric order. I can search and find hundreds of messages ID's in this manual for example the first message is IGF500D , X1 find this message. X1 finds messages all the way up to IKM086 , but it does not find IKM087 , or any other message ID that is in this PDF for example IOS071
I have tried reducing the number of PDF's being searched, deleting the Index and starting again, increasing the size of the file all the way up to 5,000 MB for X1 to Index. Whatever I try X1 just doesn't create index entries for messages in this manual above IKM086
I have also noticed that when I search for say IKM08 that the message IKM087 is found in the viewing pane and is highlighted over the message text (orange background). Using the "Find Next" button it finds IKM080 and by hitting Find Next again several times it does find IKM087 , so X1 is able to read the PDF and find the data that hasn't managed to make it in to the index.
It appears there is some limitation that X1 is only allowing so many index entries per PDF ? or this is a bug.
I can provide you with the PDF if you want to test this yourself.
IanMcKay

Re: Index not working correctly

Postby IanMcKay » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:44 am

I raised this issue a week ago, nobody from X1 looking at this ?
I'm sorry but you took my money quickly enough. Can I have some response on this please ?
IanMcKay

Postby Michael Devin » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi Ian,

Thank you for reaching out and apologies for our delay in getting back to you. By now you should have heard from a customer care representative. We will post the resolution here.

Best,

Mike
Michael Devin

Postby Kenward » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:32 am

IanMcKay wrote:I raised this issue a week ago, nobody from X1 looking at this ?

Remember, the X1 minders may be too polite to say so, but this forum is essentially a user-to-user self-support group with sporadic input from X1 folks.

It is not, and is not intended to be, a substitute for the official support channels.

If you want an official response, start here:

Product Support for Desktop Search

Ignore the guff about paying for support. I have never known X1 to tell a user to "go away" because they don't have a support contract.
MK
X1 Search 8.6.1 - Build 6003fa (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to Bugs V8