Search criteria clears when changing source types

Enhancement Requests - We'd love to hear about them.

Moderator: Mods

Search criteria clears when changing source types

Postby pete » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Hello,

One thing that annoys me a bit about searching is that it gets cleared when you change the source type.
For example, I might have it on emails initially and type in what I'm searching in the top edit box. I then realize I really wanted to search documents and then click that but the search box cleared and I need to type it in again.
I've tried using the "everything" type to overcome this issue but then the columns aren't the same for email (eg Subject) compared to documents etc. So then you need to muck around with the columns.
If the application didn't clear the search when changing the source type I think the usability would be much better.

Regards,
Peter.
pete

Re: Search criteria clears when changing source types

Postby Kenward » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:15 am

pete wrote:Hello,
One thing that annoys me a bit about searching is that it gets cleared when you change the source type.

Not sure how you are changing between searches, how you "change the source type", but holding down Shift when you move between them can carry over the search.

It works easiest if you have searches on the Favorites bar. Set up your search, the Shift + click between them.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to Enhancements V8