Schedule File Scans, especially network locations

Enhancement Requests - We'd love to hear about them.

Moderator: Mods

Schedule File Scans, especially network locations

Postby syrag » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:58 am

I index many network files. It can take a several hours for indexing to complete. The IT department has bugged me about accessing every file in multiple shares in the middle of the day.... They don't particularly like that.

I realize I can just update things manually; but that really is pretty inconvenient....

It would be helpful to be able to schedule file indexing for specific days and times (ideally specifically network files). This would allow me to schedule things out of business hours... overnight or weekends.
syrag

Re: Schedule File Scans, especially network locations

Postby Jogy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:16 pm

Hi,

You can set a schedule for when Files scanner runs - from the Main Menu -> Data Sources, click the Clock icon for the Files data source. There you can set a schedule to run only at specific time every day.

Jogy
Jogy
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby syrag » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:28 pm

Jogy wrote:Hi,

You can set a schedule for when Files scanner runs - from the Main Menu -> Data Sources, click the Clock icon for the Files data source. There you can set a schedule to run only at specific time every day.

Jogy

Yes, I have used that. It would be helpful to be able to select days as well. So I can avoid touching 7+ million files on the network on weekdays. Sometimes indexing can take 12+ hours.... I would prefer that happen over the weekend.
syrag

Postby Jogy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:43 am

Hi,

We can work on adding a weekly scheduling option for a future release.
There will not be enough time to put that in 8.6.2, which is currently in the last stages of preparation and will be out soon.

Jogy
Jogy
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Return to Enhancements V8