Drag and drop attachments

Enhancement Requests - We'd love to hear about them.

Moderator: Mods

Drag and drop attachments

Postby skamble » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:11 am

Hello Team, Let me first appreciate the superb product X1 without which now I can't survive. Btw I am user of X1 since 2006 when it was Yahoo search.

Anyway, I would like to see a feature in X1 8. I can drag and drop the emails into new outlook message as attachment. However if I can't drag the attachments to the new Outlook email.

Let me give an example. Suppose I am looking at X1 search and see a message with PDF attachment in the preview pane. I want this PDF to be attached to the new Outlook message. But X1 ver 8 doesn't allow this. As soon as I click on the PDF, it is opened in the preview pane. Right click also doesn't help. I think older X1 version 6.7 (?) had this facility.

Can you please add it in the next release?

Thanks a lot
Shrikant
skamble

Re: Drag and drop attachments

Postby Kenward » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:37 am

Do you just want to attach the PDF to a new email, or the original message with its attachment?

At the moment, for me at least drag and drop is seriously broken in X1. If I try to drag a PDF file into Outlook as an attachment, Windows Explorer crashes. I have reported it here at least once but have had no response.

I have just noticed, I can't drag to the desktop either.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to Enhancements V8