Use of Arrow key to scroll through content

Enhancement Requests - We'd love to hear about them.

Moderator: Mods

Use of Arrow key to scroll through content

Postby Labhchand » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:41 am

Hi,
I have enhancement request for X1.
After applying required filter, to open the filtered content (e.g. email) we have to use mouse and select the item.
It would be nice to allow down arrow key to select the required item.

Similar way, let say if no filter is required, down arrow key shall allow to select first item in the list.
in today's implementation all combinations of down arrow key (with Shift, Control, Alt) opens up list of previously searched string

I am sure this feature of arrow key is helpful for others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Labhchand
Labhchand

Re: Use of Arrow key to scroll through content

Postby bullbala » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:21 pm

I have the same request too.

Many of us are accustomed to the use of the down arrow key to navigate to the first item in the search results of many Windows desktop search engines.
However, in X1 Search, the down arrow key opens a drop-down list of the last searched keywords (which one may intuitively associate with the ALT + ENTER keyboard shortcut).

I'd appreciate if this feature is introduced in this great product as well.
bullbala

Postby Kenward » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:01 am

There should be a simple way to do this, but you can get part of the way there by tabbing until the highlight lands on the Results pane. You can then use the arrow keys to move up and down. Enter will then Open an item.

What we need is a shortcut to get to the results pane that does not entail all that tabbing.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby sfsccn » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:02 am

I strongly agree with this feature request. I'm considering switching from Everything, but Everything is very quick because the down key instantly goes to the hits. I strongly prefer keyboard over mouse because it's faster. I would prefer not to use the tab key because: (a) I need to hit it 7 times, and (b) if I hit it 8 times I need to start over.
sfsccn

Return to Enhancements V8