To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Moderator: Mods

To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby Chris Wheaton » Wed May 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Hello X1 Community,

We recently discovered an issue with the X1 Trial License which may cause X1 Trials to expire prematurely. We will be releasing an update within the next few hours specifically to correct this issue and allow you to avoid a premature termination of your X1 Search 8 trial period.

While the issue will most likely affect trial users only, we are encouraging all X1 Search 8 users to upgrade to this new release in order to avoid any potential problems.

Installing this update should not affect any customizations you have made; you will not have to rebuild your index and will not lose any saved searches you've created.

To install this update simply restart your X1 Search 8 product or use your In-product Help > Check for Updates function.

Please post any questions to this thread.

We apologize for any convenience.

Best Regards,

The X1 Team
Sincerely,

Chris Wheaton
Technical Support
Customer Care Rep.
______________________

www.X1.com
Chris Wheaton
X1 Rep
X1 Rep
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:00 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby marenost » Wed May 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Hi Chris,

Sorry, I'm new to X1 pro and now search 8, but how do I know I have the correct version if my update says there is no updates. What I mean is I downloaded and installed my version before your post which intuitively would mean that I need to update, but when I try to update I get a modal dialog stating I'm up to date.

So is there a way to version check and what version is the correct build we should be running?

Thanks in advance,
steve
marenost
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 am

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby Greg Dawes » Wed May 08, 2013 4:56 pm

marenost wrote:Hi Chris,

Sorry, I'm new to X1 pro and now search 8, but how do I know I have the correct version if my update says there is no updates. What I mean is I downloaded and installed my version before your post which intuitively would mean that I need to update, but when I try to update I get a modal dialog stating I'm up to date.

So is there a way to version check and what version is the correct build we should be running?

Thanks in advance,
steve
Steve,

We had meant to say that the update would be released in the next few hours...so, stay tuned. You will prompted to upgrade either on launch of X1 Search 8 or by going to Help > Check for Updates.

And, yes, you can check for your installed version by going to Menu > License > License Info.
Greg Dawes
QA Engineer
X1 Technologies
http://www.x1.com/company/contact-us
Greg Dawes
X1 Rep
X1 Rep
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:46 am
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby Greg Dawes » Wed May 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Chris Wheaton wrote:Hello X1 Community,

We recently discovered an issue with the X1 Trial License which may cause X1 Trials to expire prematurely. We will be releasing an update within the next few hours specifically to correct this issue and allow you to avoid a premature termination of your X1 Search 8 trial period.

While the issue will most likely affect trial users only, we are encouraging all X1 Search 8 users to upgrade to this new release in order to avoid any potential problems.

Installing this update should not affect any customizations you have made; you will not have to rebuild your index and will not lose any saved searches you've created.

To install this update simply restart your X1 Search 8 product or use your In-product Help > Check for Updates function.

Please post any questions to this thread.

We apologize for any convenience.

Best Regards,

The X1 Team
We have now pushed this update. If you experience any difficulty upgrading, upgrade please close X1ServiceHost.exe in task manager and then run the installer: http://support.x1.com/cs/X1SearchSetup.exe

If you have any additional questions, please respond to this thread.
Greg Dawes
QA Engineer
X1 Technologies
http://www.x1.com/company/contact-us
Greg Dawes
X1 Rep
X1 Rep
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:46 am
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby sblanchard » Thu May 09, 2013 8:27 am

Is Search 8 a new license? i have a previosly licensed version and i have always been able to upgrade. in going from 8 beta to the released 8, it is asking for a license key and password. i have my license key but no password. Help!

Thanks
sblanchard
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:22 am

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby Kenward » Thu May 09, 2013 10:31 am

sblanchard wrote:Is Search 8 a new license?

Yes.

sblanchard wrote:i have a previosly licensed version and i have always been able to upgrade.

Your version cannot be that old then. Every now and then a new version comes along that does not allow a free upgrade.

The most recent version before Search 8 was 6.7.4. It was released last June and was just a tweak on previous 6.7X incarnations. And that is quite some years old now.

X1 version 6 is a good five years old! Then again, the last time X1 introduced a change in the licensing regime seems to have been in 2009, when they moved to a 16-character licence.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru
 
Posts: 4068
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:35 am
Location: UK

Lotus Notes Support Removed?

Postby RAlfieri » Thu May 09, 2013 1:20 pm

It looks like y'all have dropped Lotus Notes e-mail indexing from the product. Is that true?

Thanks,
Rob
Rob Alfieri
IT Consultant
RAlfieri
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:49 am

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby mml3 » Fri May 10, 2013 7:44 am

I have the same question. Any plans for Lotus Notes support for Search 8?
mml3
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 7:42 am

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby Kenward » Fri May 10, 2013 8:40 am

mml3 wrote:I have the same question. Any plans for Lotus Notes support for Search 8?

You probably should read this:

X1 Discussion • View topic - Announcing X1 Search 8 Beta

we removed the Lotus Notes scanner. For our Lotus Notes customers, we suggest continuing to use version 6.7.4 or below.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru
 
Posts: 4068
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:35 am
Location: UK

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby GL_5280 » Sat May 11, 2013 7:57 am

Hello,

My v8 client is unable to download the update that resolves the license key issue.

The X1Setup log shows:
===================
2013-05-11T14:43:05 - Downloading new build to use for install.
2013-05-11T14:43:05 - Source: http://download.x1.com/downloads/pro/5000di/pro32.zip
2013-05-11T14:43:05 - Target: C:\TEMP-Administrator\tmpD376.tmp.zip
2013-05-11T14:43:06 - Error downloading new build.
2013-05-11T14:43:06 - System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
===================
It appears that the update is not in the download location. When will this be resolved?

Thanks,
GL
GL_5280
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 7:51 am

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby Rhonda » Mon May 13, 2013 8:45 pm

GL_5280 wrote:Hello,

My v8 client is unable to download the update that resolves the license key issue.

The X1Setup log shows:
===================
2013-05-11T14:43:05 - Downloading new build to use for install.
2013-05-11T14:43:05 - Source: http://download.x1.com/downloads/pro/5000di/pro32.zip
2013-05-11T14:43:05 - Target: C:\TEMP-Administrator\tmpD376.tmp.zip
2013-05-11T14:43:06 - Error downloading new build.
2013-05-11T14:43:06 - System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
===================
It appears that the update is not in the download location. When will this be resolved?

Thanks,
GL


I'm sorry I missed this earlier, are you still having a problem?
Rhonda Rondeau
Product Manager
X1 Social Discovery
Rhonda
X1 Super User
X1 Super User
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:38 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby davidsk » Mon May 13, 2013 11:36 pm

I had downloaded the latest update and all fine.

Now today I can't get X1 to start and get the message about "Unable to start X1 service".

Can't therefore use the updater within the program or otherwise use X1.

And I downloaded the trial version but it say already installed and won't install again.

Help please.

Windows 7 64 bit.
davidsk
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby JogyBlack » Mon May 13, 2013 11:55 pm

davidsk wrote:I had downloaded the latest update and all fine.

Now today I can't get X1 to start and get the message about "Unable to start X1 service".

Can't therefore use the updater within the program or otherwise use X1.

And I downloaded the trial version but it say already installed and won't install again.

Help please.

Windows 7 64 bit.


Hi,

can you look in the X1.log file in the logs subfolder and see if there is more information about the error?

Jogy
JogyBlack
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:53 am

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby bk3 » Tue May 14, 2013 3:27 am

Hi,
I bought a new Rel 8 license, which worked well up until today. I have not been updating with the latest update.

Today I am denied access and the license details that I bought no longer works.

So what do I do now?
bk3
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:47 am

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby Kenward » Tue May 14, 2013 4:31 am

Which build do you have?

It is well hidden at the top of the "License Info" page.

The latest should be 5000fg, unless they put out a later one to deal with what looks like a flood of problems.

If you are locked out of telling X1 to find this version, then maybe you can use the link that came with your licence details. Or just run the "stub" that goes out and gets the installation files.

To my mind the new licence regime and mechanism looks like a disaster in the making. It leaves just too many hostages to fortune.

If the folks at X1 want to learn how not to do it, just look at Nuance as a case study. Here is a long debate that appeared on Amazon.

After this fiasco, Nuance did tweak its system to be less user hostile, but still there are refuseniks who will have nothing to do with the company.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru
 
Posts: 4068
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:35 am
Location: UK

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby bk3 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:46 am

thanks,
I tried downloading X1 again and installed it. It states that the paid license expires May 12'th 2023. So maybe my problems were solved. In that case a big thanks. Where were X1? I wrote a mail to them but no reply yet, and no reply here. As you say - license servers should be handled with care if you value customer satisfaction.

I do not find the verison infoi anywhere . How can I find that?
bk3
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:47 am

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby Kenward » Tue May 14, 2013 10:39 am

bk3 wrote:I do not find the verison info anywhere . How can I find that?

That's what I was referring to here when I mentioned License Info:

  • Menu
  • License
  • License info

Image

Like I said, not obvious.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru
 
Posts: 4068
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:35 am
Location: UK

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby bk3 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:56 am

OK. It says fg now. So, I guess it is ok now. Thanks for your help!
bk3
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:47 am

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby Rhonda » Wed May 15, 2013 8:16 pm

bk3 wrote:thanks,
I tried downloading X1 again and installed it. It states that the paid license expires May 12'th 2023. So maybe my problems were solved. In that case a big thanks. Where were X1? I wrote a mail to them but no reply yet, and no reply here. As you say - license servers should be handled with care if you value customer satisfaction.

I do not find the verison infoi anywhere . How can I find that?


I apologize if you've had a problem getting a response quickly. We've been really working hard to keep up with the inquiry. We're here -- my email is in my sig should you need further assistance.
Rhonda Rondeau
Product Manager
X1 Social Discovery
Rhonda
X1 Super User
X1 Super User
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:38 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby AhmedSoudy » Thu May 16, 2013 4:14 am

Hello,

I bought Client Proffesional 6.7.4 last month and I tried to upgrade to search 8 and I found installation asking me for License ID and password.
Actually I have no idea from where I have to get that ?!

Can you please help me to upgrade.

Thanks !
AhmedSoudy
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 4:08 am

Re: To All X1® Search 8 users- Important Update!

Postby Rhonda » Thu May 16, 2013 12:48 pm

AhmedSoudy wrote:Hello,

I bought Client Proffesional 6.7.4 last month and I tried to upgrade to search 8 and I found installation asking me for License ID and password.
Actually I have no idea from where I have to get that ?!

Can you please help me to upgrade.

Thanks !


Our tech reps looked up your info and it looks like you were successful in obtaining the X1 Search upgrade and you should have received an email and activation instructions. Let me know if you're still having a problem. Email is in the signature down below.

Rhonda
Rhonda Rondeau
Product Manager
X1 Social Discovery
Rhonda
X1 Super User
X1 Super User
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:38 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA


Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron