Copy/Paste giving SCCCH.DLL error

X1® Professional Client Version - Raptor builds (both Beta and Release Candidates)

Moderator: Mods

Copy/Paste giving SCCCH.DLL error

Postby kbrutlag » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:43 am

Sometimes when copying/pasting from X1 to MS Word 2010 (x64) we receive a chunker (SCCCH.DLL) failure message. It wasn't a problem until a couple of weeks ago, but now, it's appearing more frequently.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks
kbrutlag

Re: Copy/Paste giving SCCCH.DLL error

Postby pskidee » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:31 am

Yep. Happens a lot. My online sleuthing found it's a bug in Oracle's "Outside In" software that X1 has licensed to display files. More disturbingly, this appears to indicate that they are using an older version of the Oracle software that is subject to a remote code vulnerability. The version where the "unknown chunker" was resolved is the last patch of 8.3.7. So the vulnerability exists in X1. Check this link: http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/51452/info

I don't know if downloading the newest SCCCH.DLL will fix the problem, But X1 might want to look into this and offer an update...
pskidee

Postby Chris Wheaton » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:33 pm

kbrutlag - pskidee posted
The version where the "unknown chunker" was resolved is the last patch of 8.3.7. So the vulnerability exists in X1. Check this link: http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/51452/info

I don't know if downloading the newest SCCCH.DLL will fix the problem, But X1 might want to look into this and offer an update...

The link references X1 6.7.2 - which has been updated to 6.7.4 build 4054eu - which I believe is using the very Outside in Patch, 8.3.7, that pskidee is looking for.

There may be other reasons for the chunker failure and I would encourage you kbrutlag to log an official support request with us and include your X1 diagnostic files. http://www.x1.com/support/submit-case
Sincerely,

Chris Wheaton
Technical Support
Customer Care Rep.

www.X1.com
Chris Wheaton
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Postby kbrutlag » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:35 am

Thank you both.

A support request was opened with my original posing here. We are currently using 4054eu. Right now we're not as concerned with the possible security aspects, as we are with the functionality. If it's broke, and you know about it - it needs fixing. I doubt we're the only users experiencing the problem.
kbrutlag

Postby Chris Wheaton » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:54 am

kbrutlag - Do you have the case number that you submitted in regard to this matter?
Sincerely,

Chris Wheaton
Technical Support
Customer Care Rep.

www.X1.com
Chris Wheaton
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Return to X1 Professional Client - 6.7.x (Raptor)