Licensing Hell

Check in here for general discussion about Search Version 8

Moderator: Mods

Licensing Hell

Postby smbrannon » Tue May 14, 2013 7:16 am

I did a clean install of X1 8 on a new machine. It worked fine for a couple of days, until today when I tried to use it and got the following message:

Your paid license of X1 Search has expired. To continue using X1 Search, please renew your license by clicking 'Buy Now.'

I re-entered the X1 license info I received on May 8, the same that had worked previously, and was rewarded with an error dialog box:

There was a problem activating your license.
Error(9201) There was a problem saving the license.

Of course the fact that my bright new shiny X1 8 isn't working is a pisser, but what REALLY sucks is that it appears that X1 has moved to a 'software rental' license without my knowing it. :twisted: The previous X1 licenses were permanent licenses, and this error message states that my "... paid license of X1 Search has expired." Oh, yeah, BTW, my software assurance was renewed on 26 Feb 2013, so even if there is a new 'rental' model, I've paid up until next year.

smbrannon

Re: Licensing Hell

Postby bk3 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:47 am

See Kenward's answer in the other Release 8 thread. It worked for me
bk3

Re: Licensing Hell

Postby Rhonda » Tue May 14, 2013 10:01 am

Greetings folks -- I am planning on locking up these two forums so we can separate our discussions into the three new search 8 forums to help better assist you all. Instead of posting in here -- please post in the discussion, bugs or enhancement forums. We also have developers who check out the forums and I'd like centralize the things they want to look at. Thanks for your help :)

Rhonda
Rhonda Rondeau
Product Manager
X1 Social Discovery
Rhonda
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Return to General Discussion V8