X1 Needs to Search Evernote

Enhancement Requests - We'd love to hear about them.

Moderator: Mods

X1 Needs to Search Evernote

Postby jkph00 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:56 am

I've looked through the discussions here at how many times people have asked over the years when X1 will have the ability to search Evernote accounts but found no real answer -- or did I miss it after all?

I cannot emphasize enough how valuable that ability would be to me. I have used X1 for years and recommend it constantly, but I also use Evernote constantly. As part of a genealogy research team we keep resources in Evernote I do not keep on my local machine. Thus I am often forced to do two searches rather than just going to X1 as would be my overwhelming preference.

Is that going to happen? If so, when?

Thanks!
jkph00

Re: X1 Needs to Search Evernote

Postby Kenward » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:31 am

Interesting that this plea comes a day after someone else asked for OneNote to be added to the X1 repertoire.

Both are widely used in the corporate world that seems to be X1's main market.

We could pile on the pressure if we could find rival software that can handle Evernote.

Copernic does OneNote, but no mention of EverNote.

By the way, Copernic also does Thunderbird and eBooks, which also come up here from time to time.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby jkph00 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:25 am

jkph00 wrote:I've looked through the discussions here at how many times people have asked over the years when X1 will have the ability to search Evernote accounts but found no real answer -- or did I miss it after all?

I cannot emphasize enough how valuable that ability would be to me. I have used X1 for years and recommend it constantly, but I also use Evernote constantly. As part of a genealogy research team we keep resources in Evernote I do not keep on my local machine. Thus I am often forced to do two searches rather than just going to X1 as would be my overwhelming preference.

Is that going to happen? If so, when?

Thanks!

X1,

It's now over a year since I posted that question, but I have seen no response from X1. Does the company ever plan to include the ability to search my Evernote account using XI Search? I really need it to do so.

Thanks again.
jkph00

Postby Kenward » Tue May 01, 2018 4:57 am

jkph00 wrote:
It's now over a year since I posted that question, but I have seen no response from X1. Does the company ever plan to include the ability to search my Evernote account using XI Search? I really need it to do so.

Are there any third party search engines that can handle Evernote? Or does it have a proprietary format that locks out other code writers?

I can't find any obvious candidates.

Without that we are all whistling in the wind.
MK
X1 Search 8.5.2 - Build 6001si (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby mdlynam » Wed May 02, 2018 6:31 am

I wonder if it's possible to take a page from Copernic's playbook---that is, to pay for expanded search sources. Perhaps have OneNote, EverNote, etc. searches be paid add-ons to baseline X1.

I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for additional data sources that can be searched.

My 2 cents only.
/mark/
mdlynam

Return to Enhancements V8