Possible (leaked) Lenovo notebook named X1

This forum is to discuss general things about X1.

Moderator: Mods

Possible (leaked) Lenovo notebook named X1

Postby askwong » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:33 am

Dear X1,

This is just a leak at the moment, that an upcoming (yet unannounced) Lenovo Thinkpad notebook computer may be called "X1".
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4283/leno ... -gets-thin

"...
Lenovo is taking another swing at the MacBook Air. Having discontinued their X300 ultraportable line, Lenovo seemed content to compete at the 11" and 12" form factor, without sitting a horse at the popular but Air dominated 13.3" form factor. But a listing on a Swiss computer distributor's site leaked and documents released on the Lenovo channel distributors' site confirmed that the ThinkPad purveyor is planning to take on the Air with a 21.5 mm thick ultraportable notebook called the X1.
..."

For the record, I'm a supporter of X1, and a fan of Lenovo Thinkpad also. Of my conflicting loyalties, I find that I'm more a supporter of X1 ;)
askwong
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Re: Possible (leaked) Lenovo notebook named X1

Postby pgk » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:49 pm

It appears to be a popular name: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3585
X1 'the laptop' looks good, minus the screen resolution. Not enough room to see all my X1 'the search' columns.
pgk
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Re: Possible (leaked) Lenovo notebook named X1

Postby pgk » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:09 am

It's been a while, but here's a new X1 impostor: the Xfinity X1 TV service. It features an X1 TV Box and an X1 Voice Remote. I wonder if it features X1 search to find episodes.
pgk
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Return to General Discussion