HELP... X1 only finds my Contacts if I edit them!

Check in here for general discussion about Search Version 8

Moderator: Mods

HELP... X1 only finds my Contacts if I edit them!

Postby shiphen » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:55 pm

Hello

I have had to re-install Ms Office 365 and I have lost all my Contacts. It will index my quick contacts but it only find Contacts in my "Recipient Cache" folder, but not contacts in my officials Contacts folder.

My X1 Search version "8.6 6003ch (64-Bit)" running on Windows 10 x64 is only finding my Outlook 365 (version 2016) Contacts if I edit and save them. How can I get Outlook to find ALL my contacts?

I have tried:
1. Deleting the Contacts Index
Menu ==> Data sources ==> Outlook Contacts ==> [cog wheel] ==> Delete Index

2. Rescanning
Menu ==> Data sources ==> Outlook Contacts ==> Scan Now

Any suggestions?

J
shiphen
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Re: HELP... X1 only finds my Contacts if I edit them!

Postby shiphen » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:52 am

I need a solution to this urgently!

How can I get X1 to index my Outlook2016 Contacts?!

Is there any way change the "last edited date" for all of my Contacts?

EDIT01
I have just completely uninstalled X1 Search and re-installed it using the latest version (version 8.6 6003ch - 64-bit). But still no contacts are visible. Not until I edit them! [GRRRR]

EDIT02
OK, I have found a solution, albiet a pretty "horrible" one!
Finally I selected all my Contacts and change the FollowUp flag to tomorrow. And then I cleared the flag. This makes X1 think that each of my Contacts had been "updated". Meanwhile I am now waiting for X1 Search to re-index all the rest of my personal data.
shiphen
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby shiphen » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:25 pm

Is this forum still alive?
shiphen
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby shiphen » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:37 am

With help from Technical Support, I have now fixed the problem.

For the benefit of anyone with similar problems (and in case I can not longer index my own email history again!) here is what I did:

>>>

Open X1. Click the Main Menu Button. Click the Gear Icon for the Files Data source and remove this folder from the file indexing: C:\Users\[your user name here]\Documents\Outlook Files\

To fully remove and reinstall:

- PREREQUISITE:

Launch the X1 interface go to Menu > License and Deactivate your current license activation.

- UNINSTALL

1. Access Control Panel > Programs & Features.

2. Uninstall X1 Search. When prompted, opt NOT to save your X1 settings.

3. Check the following locations for remaining X1 Search files, and delete them:

- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\X1 Search - this is the default location of the X1 Search data directory.
- C:\Program Files\X1 Search - this is the install location of the X1 program files.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\X1 Search - this is the install location of the X1 program files on a 64-bit operating system, running a 32-bit version of Outlook.

NOTE: You may find an X1 Search directory under C:\ProgramData\. You do NOT need to delete this directory.

4. Click Start > Run > Regedit or click your Windows Logo Key + R to launch regedit.exe and delete the X1 Search registry keys found in any of the following locations:

- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\X1 Search
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\X1 Search
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\X1 Search
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\X1 Search

- FRESH INSTALL

Perform a fresh install of X1 Search 8 by launching the X1Searchsetup.exe found here:
http://download.x1.com/downloads/search/X1SearchSetup.exe

>>>

Cheers

J
shiphen
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Return to General Discussion V8