8.6.1.8161 was hanging, now never finishes indexing

Please post all issues related to X1 Search 8 Releases here!

Moderator: Mods

8.6.1.8161 was hanging, now never finishes indexing

Postby ChrisRichard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:37 pm

I downloaded the most recent automatic update. After that, every time I tried to use the program it would hang, then put up a banner saying it couldn't connect to the license server and asking me to restart or exit. It always crashed.
I uninstalled it, leaving the license files intact, and reinstalled it.
Now it opens, but apparently won't let me change the Outlook files it indexes. It displays emails that I have removed from databases that I have removed from the search list. It reported that it was doing a "delta search" on the database I did authorize, but then crashed after reporting 18 million hits. This is insane. I don't have 18 million emails or 18 million of anything else in this database.
ChrisRichard

Re: 8.6.1.8161 was hanging, now never finishes indexing

Postby ChrisRichard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:40 pm

I ended up completely uninstalling the program, including the registry entries, and am trying to reinstall it now. The one hopeful sign is that at least it's started on my primary Outlook email account, instead of one of the others. It says "Indexing: 100% Full scan of (email account/inbox) and then it gives a running count that's already over 9 million. I know I don't have 9 million emails in my inbox, so has it crashed again, or is there a process here, and if so, how long should I expect it to take?
ChrisRichard

Re: 8.6.1.8161 was hanging, now never finishes indexing

Postby ChrisRichard » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:29 pm

Astonishing. This post appears to have some 50 views, with nary an acknowledgment from anyone at the company. I've called. I get voicemail, even at sales. There doesn't even appear to be a way to sign up for paid support.
I recognize that tech support is expensive. I think this company's solution is ridiculous. I may have figured out a solution on my own, but I really don't want to do business with any company that takes my money and then doesn't stand behind its products. I'm looking for alternatives.
ChrisRichard

Return to X1® Search 8 Releases