X1 not seeing Outlook plugin

Check in here for general discussion about Search Version 8

Moderator: Mods

X1 not seeing Outlook plugin

Postby jeffx1user » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:59 am

Hello,
Long time X1 user here that just returned to Windows and excited to use X1 again. Basic story new laptop, Windows 10, Office 365, X1. I setup Outlook to "Use cached exchange mode" thinking this would allow X1 to see my mail and index it. I installed X1 indexed the files and there were no email so I removed X1 and reinstalled and noticed that there was no Outlook Plug in, there was a Outlook.com plugin , but I use exchange for mail so that would not let me put in anything but a outlook.com email address. I went to loaded plugins and there is no Outlook plugin the list of plugins is the same as what is in the screen shot below.

I am using:
X1 Search 8.6.1. 6003fa (64 bit)
Outlook for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11328.20220) 32 Bit

Not sure what else to do at this point. I have seen a few posts like this and noticed my build number for X1 does not have any Release notes for this version so not sure if it is me or is the outlook plug in broken. I noticed that another post like this and there was a comment that the 32 bit outlook might not work with the 64 bit X1. Can anyone confirm this or point me in a direction to resolve?

I tried to post this a few days ago but it never showed up on the board.

Here is a screen shot of the setup (It looks like the screen shot is cropping the image here is the direct link https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/jeffdalglieshpublic/2019-04-03_7-21-50.png
jeffx1user

Return to General Discussion V8