X1 fails to open - missing PST files

Check in here for general discussion about Search Version 8

Moderator: Mods

X1 fails to open - missing PST files

Postby Twilley » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:29 am

Recently we migrated to exchange online and retired our old service. I had some PST files open in Outlook and X1 was indexing them. When the old Exchange service was turned off the PST files went away I started getting the error. Now when I try to open X1 it gives me an error saying the PST files are no longer available and shuts down. It never makes it to he "normal" X1 screen, before it closes. My question is how do I remove PST files from X1 if I can't get it to open so I can get it operational again.

Windows 10 running O365. No issues until the old service was turned off and the PSTs went away.
Twilley

Re: X1 fails to open - missing PST files

Postby Jogy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:17 pm

Hi,

you can open the OutlookConfogEmail.xml file in the X1 data folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\X1 Search\) and see where the PST files are listed, in sections like this:

<ProfileToIndex>
<ProfileId>...</ProfileId>
<IsX1PSTProfile>True</IsX1PSTProfile>
<ScannableFolders Uri="filename.pst (...)" UIName="filename.pst (F905AF35962888492953CEF349B84CC7)" FolderFlags="0" WhatToScan="All"></ScannableFolders>
<Schedule><ActiveType>OnInterval</ActiveType><Interval>30</Interval><TimeInDay>2</TimeInDay></Schedule>
</ProfileToIndex>

Then try to remove those sections.
Do the same for other OutlookConfig*.xml files.

Then try to start X1 again.

Jogy
Jogy
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Return to General Discussion V8