500 unanswered posts in forums

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

Postby BillChapman » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:28 am

My guess is that X1 has allocated all its resources to the preparation of the Enterprise Edition for release. Now that that has been accomplished, perhaps some will again be devoted to this forum and to continued development of Desktop Search.
BillChapman
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:16 pm

BillChapman wrote:My guess is that X1 has allocated all its resources to the preparation of the Enterprise Edition for release. Now that that has been accomplished, perhaps some will again be devoted to this forum and to continued development of Desktop Search.

Bill,

You're absolutely correct on both fronts. We did have an "all hands on deck" approach to the release for Enterprise. On the support side of the house, that continues. Jerry is now the forum "owner" and is charged with keeping the dialog moving along here. You'll also be hearing more from me as well.
Rob McClinton
Director of Customer Care, X1

My manager is Josh Jacobs
President, X1
Rob
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Postby thinkstorm » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:57 am

I am very happy to hear that the enterprise edition gets a lot of attention!!!

Thorsten Claus
DETECON, Inc.
thinkstorm

Postby Rob » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:17 am

thinkstorm wrote:I am very happy to hear that the enterprise edition gets a lot of attention!!!

Thorsten Claus
DETECON, Inc.

Hi Thorsten,

I've posted on this topic here: http://forums.x1.com/viewtopic.php?p=5086#5086

Please let me know if there are any other open questions or unresolved concerns. I want to put aside any doubts or reservations that may still exist regarding our commitment to our entire product line and customer base.
Rob McClinton

President, X1
Rob
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Deafening silence from X1 management and support staff

Postby ime » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:30 pm

Dear Forum readers
As a mark of politeness to the X1 team, I did not post on the Forum the following message whcih I sent to Josh Jacobs, as well as Josh, Gregory, Noel and David. As there has been no reply or acknowledgement from any of them, I post it as it is relevant to this particular thread. Perhaps other Forum users will have had more success.
Best
Maurice

Dear Mr Jacobs

The email today from your Tiza Atanque is the final straw. After more than half a year of seriously deteriorating relations with your loyal and patient cohort of beta testers, you now send out a ‘token’. Last year your staff provided outstanding support and more than that they seriously took on board the beta feedback. There is no need to detail the dozens and dozens of postings from frustrated, perplexed and ultimately disappointed beta (and alpha) testers on your X1 forum site. In short, we have all made postings that remain unanswered for months, waited for you to fix shortcomings in he desktop version promised by your staff since last year, and noted with increasing focus your withdrawal of support while you have focused on the Enterprise version. In my case I have stopped to bother writing to Noel and Rob – nowadays my email client shows that Noel, with whom I used to enjoy an excellent relationship, routinely deletes my emails some weeks after they get sent without even opening them.

I am bitterly disappointed and do not wish to accept your ‘token’. Just deliver on your promises for the main product. We have been increasingly clear in our postings that you should not fritter away your leadership – and regrettably you are.

Yours sincerely
ime

Group discussion or other ideas

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:29 am

Would a conference call with some X1 team members be something you folks would be interested in?

We can try to find a "neutral" time on the clock to account for most time zones (or just do two) and we can have some open discussion around the X1 community and what we can do to address your needs/wants.

I think we'd all like to get back to the mutually beneficial communication and interaction we once enjoyed.

Let me know your thoughts.
Rob McClinton

President, X1
Rob
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Re: Group discussion or other ideas

Postby gww » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:37 am

Rob wrote:Would a conference call with some X1 team members be something you folks would be interested in?

This sounds good, but just answering more questions in a timely manner in this forum would help.
Regards, grant

Windows 7 PRO 64-bit
Outlook 2007
gww
X1 Super User
X1 Super User

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes