WEB History - D

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

WEB History - D

Postby 68 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:53 pm

I can't find a way of searching my WEB History (copernic Google do this, copernic is basic with little info, google gives loads, perhaps too much in terms of storage)

Is there a way to look at Web History in X1, if not is there a "workaround" (e.g. looking at certain folders).

If not, does X1 intend to introduce one. If so a preview (even if only stored text, or to minimally open the link) would be useful.

Postby Kenward » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:10 pm

When you say, "web history," do you mean the actual pages that you have visited (the web cache), or their addresses (the history)? They are not the same.

This function depends on the browser you use. You don't say.

If the people who wrote the browser don't keep the history in a standard format, there's not much that anyone else can do about it.
MK
X1 Search 8.6.1 - Build 6003fa (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

WEB History

Postby 68 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:21 pm

Sorry for not being specific.

Just basic Internet Explorer, and the History you get when you hit the "History" button. As mentioned previously, both Copernic and Google have this feature (presented in different ways).

Ta

Postby w0qj » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:33 am

XEC (X1 Enterprise Client) doesn't have a specific feature for indexing browser cache history.

However, with XEC's Real Time Indexing (RTI), however, all browser files saved onto your hard drive are indexed anyways.

So if you point your XEC to the correct folder/path of your browser (FireFox, IE, etc.), then you can have a preview of sorts.

I find this very useful for FireFox browser cache files, as these has no file extension names, but XEC somehow figures what it is & previews most of it correctly...
Rgds / Mr. Wong

"It is what X1 can do with the information found that is important."
w0qj
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes