Switch of Preview a Hox????

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

Switch of Preview a Hox????

Postby ina_don » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:22 am

I was wondering why X1 decided to put an option to switch off preview when actually all this thing does is hide the window (which it doesn't do perfectly because I can still see it on the right edge of the screen)? I would like to believe that if it says OFF then the window is not there and the application does not even load it. I don't need the delay of it trying to load each item when I click on it... Please update the app to either say the truth that hide (although it is still there loading stuff - consuming resources, creating a delay, misleading your users) or correct the implementation so that it actually closes the preview and the app doesn't even attempt it...

Unless I'm wrong then someone correct me...

Another issue that I have is when ever I start X1 (which is when my PC starts), I get an error telling me I'm outa space but partition for search indexes (I made a special one) has 800MB remaining... If I manually start indexing it also works?
ina_don

Postby w0qj » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:04 pm

The Beta program, v5.6.3 Release Candidate (Build 3438), is supposed to fix this:

"- Fixed a bug in X1 that caused the client to perform preview search term highlighting when the preview pane is turned off. "

If you're willing to try out Beta programs, you can get more info there:
http://forums.x1.com/viewtopic.php?t=3042
Rgds / Mr. Wong

"It is what X1 can do with the information found that is important."
w0qj
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby Kenward » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:26 am

I turned off the preview to see if it made things go faster.

Dratted thing turned itself back on again. Well, that's what it looked like.

Seems that you have to turn it of for each tab.
MK
X1 Search 8.6.1 - Build 6003fa (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Home 32-bit
No, I have nothing to do with X1, just a user since 2004.
Kenward
X1 Guru
X1 Guru

Postby Greg Dawes » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:33 pm

pgk wrote:I read that "bug fix", but it doesn't say rendering of the preview has been disabled, just highlighting is now turned off.
Hi pgk,

After some investigation, I found out that in previous versions when the Preview Pane option was set to OFF, rendering of the selected item was not occurring, but the delay was caused by X1 highlighting the terms in the (non-existent) preview pane.

This new version fixes the bug that caused this to happen.

I hope this makes sense.
Greg Dawes
QA Engineer
X1 Technologies
http://www.x1.com/company/contact-us
Greg Dawes
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes