Search Outlook Journal and Notes items

Do you want to see something in X1? Do you dislike something about X1? Let us know!

Moderator: Mods

Search Outlook Journal and Notes items

Postby Dan Selby » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:59 am

Hi,

I've been trialling X1 Professional, having been using Windows Desktop Search, and really like it - particularly the speed.

However, I *really* miss the ability to search for text in Outlook Journal items (which I use extensively) and Outlook Notes.

I searched the forums and saw that there were a few threads requesting this, some dating back quite some time, but I didn't see any definitive response from a dev or moderator...

...is searching of Outlook Journal and Notes items going to be implemented and, if so, is there a likely timescale?

Thanks.
Dan Selby

Postby Greg Dawes » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:13 am

Hi Dan,

While it's possible that this functionality may be added to X1 at some point, it is not on the current roadmap.
Greg Dawes
QA Engineer
X1 Technologies
http://www.x1.com/company/contact-us
Greg Dawes
X1 Rep
X1 Rep

Postby Dan Selby » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:41 am

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply. It's pretty disappointing and also seems to be a strange and rather glaring omission, given that other Outlook data is indexed and that Windows Desktop Search has been able to index Outlook Journals and Notes since version 1 (I think - certainly for a long time).

If you could pass this on as a feature request to the devs (if it isn't already known) I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Greg Dawes wrote:Hi Dan,

While it's possible that this functionality may be added to X1 at some point, it is not on the current roadmap.
Dan Selby

Re: Search Outlook Journal and Notes items

Postby mschomm » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:59 am

Dan Selby wrote:However, I *really* miss the ability to search for text in Outlook Journal items (which I use extensively) and Outlook Notes.

Being quite new to X1 I at first took it for granted that there is Outlook Notes support and was indeed very astonished that Notes are not indexed and searched. I'm using them quite heavily so I hope that support for searching Notes will be added soon.
mschomm

Ditto

Postby DaveyBob » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:59 am

As a new user of X1, I am stunned that it doesn't index Journal items. I use the heck out of the Journal, creating an entry for all my meetings and other notes. Fast search across email is nice, but that's only half the story for my life!

Please add this to the feature list!
DaveyBob

not indexing outlook notes

Postby xthamcore » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:17 am

last post about indexing outlook notes nov 2007!!!
now is june 2009
still no news
email to X1 not answered

has X1 given up on indexing outlook notes?
why is this so difficult?
xthamcore

Return to Feature Requests and Gripes